On Tue, Jan 22, 2019 at 05:08:57PM +0100, Greg Kroah-Hartman wrote: > On Tue, Jan 22, 2019 at 03:56:06PM +0000, Mark Brown wrote: > > Given that all the rest of the function is doing is further debugfs > > operations and when it fails people trying to use the debugfs do welcome > > some diagnostics I'm not sure that's particularly helpful. > The only way it will fail is if we are out of memory. And you are in a > bigger mess then, no one cares about debugfs calls, just make them and > move on, you should never care about the result of such a call. No, it also fails if there's already something with the same name in debugfs which can happen as as a result of configuration. This gets confusing for users, they see the debugfs files they're expecting but the contents don't match up at all.