On Tue, Jan 22, 2019 at 08:01:15PM -0600, Pierre-Louis Bossart wrote: > changes are legitimate. To move forward, maybe it's not worth spending too > much time on a grand unification of string theory, there are simpler > solutions: the Intel machine drivers already do get the platform driver name > as an platform_data argument, so we could modify the dailinks platform names > before even registering the card. I tested with the attached Yes, that would be much better - it's vastly more idiomatic. The general idea is that a machine driver should know what it's expecting to find before it starts probing.