Hi Darren, On Sat, 23 Feb 2019 09:52:07 -0800 Darren Hart wrote: > > Apologies if I've asked you this before... I didn't find it after some > searching. > > We should be catching errors like this before they hit next. First, > there is no reason we can't catch them - unlike the integration failures > only next can catch. Second, once they are in next, there is no "right" > way to fix them. Either rebase or send the bad patch to mainline - both > are bad. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad next catches them.... but I'd like > to get to the point where it doesn't trigger on our subsystem :-) > > Are your patch mechanics tests available for us to integrate into our > commit and prepublication checks? I have attached the current version of my check scripts (I can't use git hooks since I want to do these checks when I fetch trees). They both take a range of commits (I usually pass "^origin/master ..." (only 2 dots if the branch is just fast forwarded). These could obviously be simplified because they also generate most of the appropriate mail messages ... -- Cheers, Stephen Rothwell