On Wed, Mar 20, 2019 at 03:24:26PM +0100, Paul Kocialkowski wrote: > Hi, > > Le mardi 19 mars 2019 à 22:57 +0100, Maxime Ripard a écrit : > > So far, the drm_format_plane_cpp function was operating on the format's > > fourcc and was doing a lookup to retrieve the drm_format_info structure and > > return the cpp. > > > > However, this is inefficient since in most cases, we will have the > > drm_format_info pointer already available so we shouldn't have to perform a > > new lookup. Some drm_fourcc functions also already operate on the > > drm_format_info pointer for that reason, so the API is quite inconsistent > > there. > > Well, it seems that drm_fourcc functions that take a drm_format_info > have a drm_format_info prefix, so having this would be more consistent. > > And given what the helper does, I think it would make good sense to > switch it over to an inline drm_format_info_plane_cpp helper. > > What do you think? That makes total sense, I'll change it. Thanks! Maxime -- Maxime Ripard, Bootlin Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering https://bootlin.com