On Wed, May 01, 2019 at 05:18:59PM +0000, Paul Burton wrote: > I'm not so sure about this part though. > > On MIPS we currently don't clear the allocated memory with memset. Is > doing that really necessary? We are clearling it on mips, it is inside dma_direct_alloc_pages. > If it is necessary then as-is this code will clear the allocated memory > using uncached writes which will be pretty slow. It would be much more > efficient to perform the memset before arch_dma_prep_coherent() & before > converting ret to an uncached address. Yes, we could do that.