On Mon, Jun 03, 2019 at 07:47:30PM +0200, codekipper@gmail.com wrote: > From: Marcus Cooper > > We have a number of flags used to identify the functionality > of the IP block found on the sun8i-h3 and later devices. As it > is only neccessary to identify this new block then replace > these flags with just one. > > Signed-off-by: Marcus Cooper This carries exactly the same meaning than the compatible, so this is entirely redundant. The more I think of it, the more I fell like we should have function pointers instead, and have hooks to deal with these kind of things. I've been working a lot on that driver recently, and there's some many parameters and regmap_fields that it becomes pretty hard to work on. Maxime -- Maxime Ripard, Bootlin Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering https://bootlin.com