Hi! > > > If any of isig, icanon and iexten is disabled on the tty, the signal is > > > not sent. > > > > As expected. > > > > > Any application that wants to handle raw terminal input events itself, > > > e.g. vim, mutt, libreadline, anything ncurses-based, etc., has to turn > > > off the tty's cooked mode, i.e. at least icanon. This means those > > > applications are unaffected. > > > > Agreed, those are unaffected. > > > > But if I have an application doing read() from console (without > > manipulating tty), am I going to get surprise signal when user types > > ^T? > > > > Pavel > > As of now, that application will indeed receive a signal that is > guaranteed to be ignored by default. > > This is similar to SIGWINCH, which is default-ignored as well: if the > terminal width/height changes (like when a terminal emulator window is > resized), its foreground pgrp gets a surprise signal as well, and the > processes that don't care about WINCH (and thus have default > disposition) do not get confused. > E.g. 'strace cat' demonstrates this quite clearly. Ok, so this should be safe as long as noone listens for SIGPWR. So ... I guess we are ok :-). Pavel -- DENX Software Engineering GmbH, Managing Director: Wolfgang Denk HRB 165235 Munich, Office: Kirchenstr.5, D-82194 Groebenzell, Germany