On Wed, Jun 26, 2019 at 01:20:17PM +0200, Marek Vasut wrote: > On 6/26/19 1:15 PM, Mark Brown wrote: > > registers was that we use unsigned long for > > addresses and values and a 64 bit value won't fit in those on a 32 bit > > system. Some of the bulk APIs will work but things like individual > > register writes and the caches will have problems. > Good thing I sent this as RFC, I realized that shortly after too. > So, what would be the suggestion here ? I think if I had any really good ideas I'd have done it at the time :/ Converting to unsigned long long is going to hurt performance for the common case but it'd probably be what we need to do, I think we'd need to have some sort of preprocessor fun and build two copies of the code with a 64 bit clean version available for devices that need it which is ugly but bleh. It's how we handle similar issues with zlib.