On Fri, Jul 12, 2019 at 05:26:04PM +0800, Zeng Tao wrote: > The phy framework now allows runtime configurations, but only limited > to mipi now, and it's not reasonable to introduce user specified > configurations into the union phy_configure_opts structure. An simple > way is to replace with a void *. > > We have already got some phy drivers which introduce private phy API > for runtime configurations, and with this patch, they can switch to > the phy_configure as a replace. > > Signed-off-by: Zeng Tao I still don't believe this is the right approach, for the reasons exposed in my first review of that patch. Maxime -- Maxime Ripard, Bootlin Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering https://bootlin.com