* [PULL] stream_open bits for Linux 5.3
@ 2019-07-14 14:13 Kirill Smelkov
From: Kirill Smelkov @ 2019-07-14 14:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linus Torvalds
  Cc: Julia Lawall, Jan Blunck, Arnd Bergmann, Jiri Kosina,
	Jonathan Cameron, Srinivas Pandruvada, Benjamin Tissoires,
	Dmitry Torokhov, Masahiro Yamada, cocci, linux-input, linux-iio,
	linux-fsdevel, linux-kernel

Linus,

Please consider pulling the following stream_open related bits:

This time on stream_open front it is only two small changes:

- the first one converts stream_open.cocci to treat all functions that
  start with wait_.* as blocking. Previously it was only wait_event_.*
  functions that were considered as blocking, but this was falsely
  reporting deadlock cases as only warning. The patch was picked by
  linux-kbuild and already entered your tree as 0c4ab18fc33b.
  It is thus omitted from hereby pull-request.

- the second one teaches stream_open.cocci to consider files as being
  stream-like even if they use noop_llseek. I posted this patch for
  review 3 weeks ago[1], but got neither feedback nor complaints.

  [1] https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/20190623072838.31234-2-kirr@nexedi.com/

The changes are available for pulling from here:

	https://lab.nexedi.com/kirr/linux.git stream_open-5.3

Thanks beforehand,
Kirill

Kirill Smelkov (1):
      *: convert stream-like files -> stream_open, even if they use noop_llseek

 drivers/hid/hid-sensor-custom.c          | 2 +-
 drivers/input/mousedev.c                 | 2 +-
 scripts/coccinelle/api/stream_open.cocci | 9 ++++++++-

* Re: [PULL] stream_open bits for Linux 5.3
@ 2019-07-15  0:30 ` pr-tracker-bot
From: pr-tracker-bot @ 2019-07-15  0:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kirill Smelkov
  Cc: Linus Torvalds, Julia Lawall, Jan Blunck, Arnd Bergmann,
	Jiri Kosina, Jonathan Cameron, Srinivas Pandruvada,
	Benjamin Tissoires, Dmitry Torokhov, Masahiro Yamada, cocci,
	linux-input, linux-iio, linux-fsdevel, linux-kernel

The pull request you sent on Sun, 14 Jul 2019 14:13:45 +0000:

> https://lab.nexedi.com/kirr/linux.git stream_open-5.3

has been merged into torvalds/linux.git:
https://git.kernel.org/torvalds/c/fcd98147ac71f35b69e2f50b5fddc5524dd2dfa8

Thank you!

--
Deet-doot-dot, I am a bot.
https://korg.wiki.kernel.org/userdoc/prtracker

* Re: [PULL] stream_open bits for Linux 5.3
@ 2019-07-15  7:34   ` Kirill Smelkov
From: Kirill Smelkov @ 2019-07-15  7:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linus Torvalds
  Cc: Julia Lawall, Jan Blunck, Arnd Bergmann, Jiri Kosina,
	Jonathan Cameron, Srinivas Pandruvada, Benjamin Tissoires,
	Dmitry Torokhov, Masahiro Yamada, cocci, linux-input, linux-iio,
	linux-fsdevel, linux-kernel, pr-tracker-bot

On Mon, Jul 15, 2019 at 12:30:02AM +0000, pr-tracker-bot@kernel.org wrote:
> The pull request you sent on Sun, 14 Jul 2019 14:13:45 +0000:
>
> > https://lab.nexedi.com/kirr/linux.git stream_open-5.3
>
> has been merged into torvalds/linux.git:
> https://git.kernel.org/torvalds/c/fcd98147ac71f35b69e2f50b5fddc5524dd2dfa8

Thanks.