Hi Denis, On Mon, 29 Jul 2019 17:18:01 +0300 Denis Efremov wrote: > > This patch adds a check to warn about static EXPORT_SYMBOL* functions > during the modpost. In most of the cases, a static symbol marked for > exporting is an odd combination that should be fixed either by deleting > the exporting mark or by removing the static attribute and adding the > appropriate declaration to headers. OK, this is now in linux-next and I am getting what look like false positives :-( My powerpc builds produce these: WARNING: "ahci_em_messages" [vmlinux] is the static EXPORT_SYMBOL_GPL WARNING: "ftrace_set_clr_event" [vmlinux] is the static EXPORT_SYMBOL_GPL WARNING: "empty_zero_page" [vmlinux] is the static EXPORT_SYMBOL WARNING: "jiffies" [vmlinux] is the static EXPORT_SYMBOL empty_zero_page (at least) is not static. It is defined in assembler ... jiffies is defined in arch/powerpc/kernel/vmlinux.lds.S as an alias for (part of) jiffies_64 which is not static (defined in kernel/time/timer.c). The other 2 were OK. -- Cheers, Stephen Rothwell