* Add SPDX kernel tree to linux-next
@ 2019-08-10 11:55 Greg KH
From: Greg KH @ 2019-08-10 11:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

I realized that I've been sending patches to Linus from my "SPDX" kernel
tree for a few releases now, and it's not included in linux-next, which
is not good.

So, could you please add the kernel tree / branch at:
	git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/gregkh/spdx.git spdx-linus

to linux-next?

thanks,

greg k-h

* Re: Add SPDX kernel tree to linux-next
@ 2019-08-11 21:26 ` Stephen Rothwell
From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2019-08-11 21:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Greg,

On Sat, 10 Aug 2019 13:55:33 +0200 Greg KH <gregkh@linuxfoundation.org> wrote:

> I realized that I've been sending patches to Linus from my "SPDX" kernel
> tree for a few releases now, and it's not included in linux-next, which
> is not good.
>
> So, could you please add the kernel tree / branch at:
> 	git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/gregkh/spdx.git spdx-linus
>
> to linux-next?

Added from today.  One question: is this meant to be a -next tree or a
-fixes tree?

Thanks for adding your subsystem tree as a participant of linux-next.  As
you may know, this is not a judgement of your code.  The purpose of
linux-next is for integration testing and to lower the impact of
conflicts between subsystems in the next merge window.

You will need to ensure that the patches/commits in your tree/series have
been:
     * submitted under GPL v2 (or later) and include the Contributor's
        Signed-off-by,
     * posted to the relevant mailing list,
     * reviewed by you (or another maintainer of your subsystem tree),
     * successfully unit tested, and
     * destined for the current or next Linux merge window.

Basically, this should be just what you would send to Linus (or ask him
to fetch).  It is allowed to be rebased if you deem it necessary.

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell

* Re: Add SPDX kernel tree to linux-next
@ 2019-08-12  4:57   ` Greg KH
From: Greg KH @ 2019-08-12  4:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, Aug 12, 2019 at 07:26:59AM +1000, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi Greg,
>
> On Sat, 10 Aug 2019 13:55:33 +0200 Greg KH <gregkh@linuxfoundation.org> wrote:
> >
> > I realized that I've been sending patches to Linus from my "SPDX" kernel
> > tree for a few releases now, and it's not included in linux-next, which
> > is not good.
> >
> > So, could you please add the kernel tree / branch at:
> > 	git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/gregkh/spdx.git spdx-linus
> >
> > to linux-next?
>
> Added from today.  One question: is this meant to be a -next tree or a
> -fixes tree?

A "-fixes" tree, it should be sent to Linus for the latest release.

@ 2019-08-12  5:37     ` Stephen Rothwell
From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2019-08-12  5:37 UTC (permalink / raw)