On Fri, Sep 27, 2019 at 01:27:01PM +0200, Stefano Garzarella wrote: > VMCI transport provides both g2h and h2g behaviors in a single > transport. > We are able to set (or not) the g2h behavior, detecting if we > are in a VMware guest (or not), but the h2g feature is always set. > This prevents to load other h2g transports while we are in a > VMware guest. In the vhost_vsock.ko case we only register the h2g transport when userspace has loaded the module (by opening /dev/vhost-vsock). VMCI has something kind of similar: /dev/vmci and the vmci_host_active_users counter. Maybe we can use this instead of introducing the transport_hg concept?