HI Ulf, > > Well, I don't like to bail out because this error is not fatal for basic > > operations. How about releasing priv->pinctrl again with an additional > > warning that pinctrl settings are broken and will prevent 1.8v modes? > > > > Opinions? > > Hmm, from a mmc driver probe point of view, I don't quite share this approach. > > I would rather fail as it forces the DTB to be corrected immediately, > rather than trusting some developer to look at a warning in a log. The > point is, in such a case it may never get fixed, if the product is > shipped with the wrong DTB. I could agree to this arguement, iff the only way pinctrl_select fails is a DT misconfiguration. I am not sure if this is true right now, and we can't be sure about the future. Or? > My concern at this point is rather to break existing DTBs, but it > seems that should not be an issue, right? AFAIK not for the upstream ones, I don't know the customer ones. I still prefer to not bail out. Kind regards, Wolfram