On Mon, Nov 18, 2019 at 12:17:50PM -0500, Sven Van Asbroeck wrote: > On Mon, Nov 18, 2019 at 12:01 PM Mark Brown wrote: > > We shouldn't need a compatible here, the MFD should just instantiate any > > children it has. > If the child node doesn't have a compatible, how would the driver be > able to work > out the operational mode? The chip can only be in a single operational mode > at a time. So the child node has 'led' or 'regulator' compatible. > Or is there a more elegant method I've overlooked? So this is one device that has two separate modes? This sounds like you need a property specifying how the device is wired up, or possibly just different compatibles at the root of the device though that's not quite idiomatic. Splitting this up with different devices is a bit of a Linux specific implementation detail.