On Mon, Nov 18, 2019 at 01:13:24PM -0500, Sven Van Asbroeck wrote: > This mfd chip can be wired up as one of the following: > - gpio only > - gpio + regulator > - gpio + led > - gpio + flash Is the regulator bit of this perhaps a voltage regulator and a current regulator packaged together mainly for use powering LEDs? That's a hardware design I've seen before... > in this case, there is no elegant way to specify the regulator properties in > the devicetree. Except by grabbing a reference to a subnode perhaps. And then > I'd have to somehow make sure that the sub driver's device->of_node points > at this subnode, which the mfd core doesn't do automatically. Just point the regulator framework at the MFD's DT node - the children of the MFD can look at the parent device happily, there's several existing MFDs do this.