On Tue, Dec 10, 2019 at 12:52:30AM +0800, Chuhong Yuan wrote: > I have a question that what if CONFIG_PM is not defined? > Since I have met runtime PM before in the patch > a31eda65ba21 ("net: fec: fix clock count mis-match"). > I learned there that in some cases CONFIG_PM is not defined so runtime PM > cannot take effect. > Therefore, undo operations should still exist in remove functions. There's also the case where runtime PM is there and the device is active at suspend - it's not that there isn't a problem, it's that we can't unconditionally do a disable because we don't know if there was a matching enable. It'll need to be conditional on the runtime PM state.