On Wed, Dec 18, 2019 at 05:24:24PM +0100, Greg KH wrote: > On Wed, Dec 18, 2019 at 04:18:06PM +0000, Mark Brown wrote: > > What you appear to have caught here is an interaction with some > > unreviewed vendor code - how much of that is going on in the vendor > > trees you're not testing? If we want to encourage people to pull in > > stable we should be paying attention to that sort of stuff. > I get weekly merge reports from all of the major SoC vendors when they > pull these releases into their tree and run through their full suite of > tests. So I am paying attention to this type of thing. Are you sure you're not just definining major SoC vendors as being people who send you reports here? :P In any case, that's only going to cover a limited subset of potential drivers and subsystems, devices that don't appear on reference designs aren't going to get any coverage at all that way for example. > What I need to figure out here is what is going wrong and why the SoC's > testing did not catch this. That's going to take a bit longer... There's a reasonable chance this is something board specific.