On Mon, Jan 20, 2020 at 06:51:17PM +0100, Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz wrote: > I guess that a problem is happening during DRM driver load while fbdev > driver is loaded? I assume do_unregister_framebuffer() is called inside > do_remove_conflicting_framebuffers()? Yes, exactly. More details here: https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/pipermail/virtualization/2020-January/045026.html > At first glance it seems to be an user-space issue as it should not be > holding references on /dev/fb0 while DRM driver is being loaded. How plymouth would know when exactly it needs to release /dev/fb0? -- Best Regards, Marek Marczykowski-Górecki Invisible Things Lab A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text. Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?