On Sun, Feb 02, 2020 at 10:37:02AM +0100, Christian Brauner wrote: > cgroup_post_fork() is called past the point of no return for fork and > cgroup_css_set_put_fork() is explicitly documented as only being > callable before forks point of no return: I missed this and somehow incorrectly assumed it's called at the end of fork too. I find the css_set refcounting correct now. BTW any reason why not to utilize cgroup_css_set_put_fork() for the regular cleanup in cgroup_post_fork() too? Thanks, Michal