On Wed, Feb 12, 2020 at 06:56:37AM +0000, Vaittinen, Matti wrote: > On Tue, 2020-02-11 at 19:06 +0000, Mark Brown wrote: > > Note also that we already have quite extensive helpers for this sort > > of > > stuff in the regulator API which I sense may have been involved in > > this > > implementation > You sense well xD If you're factoring stuff out of an existing implementation it'd be good to explicitly do that - this both shows where things came from and also means that you can show that the existing user works with the new code which is good. > But another option - which I thought only now - would be to see if > current regulator implementation could be re-named to more generic and > placed under some more generic component (I thought of regmap but as > you pointed out this is equally usefull for devices connected to memory > mapped buses - so maybe under lib - if static inline functions in a > header are not a good option). I just have a feeling that the linear- > ranges is currently kind of embedded in the code which is internal to > regulator framework so it is probably not easily extracted from > regulator code? It is a bit but I think that's solvable with some refactoring in place (eg, pushing things into a smaller struct embedded in the main regulator one and then moving them out). I might look at it myself if nobody else gets to it first... > So if we do not start pulling the range code out of regulator framework > (for now at least) - and if we do not place this under regmap - then I > can drop you out of the recipient list for this charger driver in order > to not pollute your inbox ;) How do you feel Mark, do you want to be > following this series? Well, if there's a refactoring out of the regulator code going on I'll need to look at that anyway.