On 2020-04-18, Stefan Metzmacher wrote: > > POSIX defines faccessat() as having a fourth "flags" argument, while the > > linux syscall doesn't have it. Glibc tries to emulate AT_EACCESS and > > AT_SYMLINK_NOFOLLOW, but AT_EACCESS emulation is broken. > > > > Add a new faccessat(2) syscall with the added flags argument and implement > > both flags. > > > > The value of AT_EACCESS is defined in glibc headers to be the same as > > AT_REMOVEDIR. Use this value for the kernel interface as well, together > > with the explanatory comment. > > It would be nice if resolv_flags would also be passed in addition to the > at flags. > See:https://lore.kernel.org/linux-api/CAHk-=wiaL6zznNtCHKg6+MJuCqDxO=yVfms3qR9A0czjKuSSiA@mail.gmail.com/ > > We should avoid expecting yet another syscall in near future. If faccessat2() supported AT_EMPTY_PATH (which I'd be in favour of), there's no need to add resolve flags because you could open the file as O_PATH with whatever resolve flags you want, and then check it with faccessat2(). -- Aleksa Sarai Senior Software Engineer (Containers) SUSE Linux GmbH