Hi! > From: Sagi Grimberg > > [ Upstream commit 3b4b19721ec652ad2c4fe51dfbe5124212b5f581 ] > > Revert fab7772bfbcf ("nvme-multipath: revalidate nvme_ns_head gendisk > in nvme_validate_ns") > > When adding a new namespace to the head disk (via nvme_mpath_set_live) > we will see partition scan which triggers I/O on the mpath device node. > This process will usually be triggered from the scan_work which holds > the scan_lock. If I/O blocks (if we got ana change currently have only > available paths but none are accessible) this can deadlock on the head > disk bd_mutex as both partition scan I/O takes it, and head disk revalidation > takes it to check for resize (also triggered from scan_work on a different > path). See trace [1]. > > The mpath disk revalidation was originally added to detect online disk > size change, but this is no longer needed since commit cb224c3af4df > ("nvme: Convert to use set_capacity_revalidate_and_notify") which already > updates resize info without unnecessarily revalidating the disk (the Unfortunately, v4.19-stable does not contain cb224c3af4df. According to changelog, it seems it should be cherry-picked? Best regards, Pavel -- (english) http://www.livejournal.com/~pavelmachek (cesky, pictures) http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~pavel/picture/horses/blog.html