On Sat, Jul 04, 2020 at 01:38:50PM +0200, Clément Péron wrote: > From: Marcus Cooper > > On the newer SoCs such as the H3 and A64 this is set by default > to transfer a 0 after each sample in each slot. However the A10 > and A20 SoCs that this driver was developed on had a default > setting where it padded the audio gain with zeros. > > This isn't a problem while we have only support for 16bit audio > but with larger sample resolution rates in the pipeline then SEXT > bits should be cleared so that they also pad at the LSB. Without > this the audio gets distorted. > > Set sign extend sample for all the sunxi generations even if they > are not affected. This will keep coherency and avoid relying on > default. Isn't it coherence? But I guess consistency would be a better fit here. Maxime