* [Proposal] drm: amd: Convert logging to drm_* functions with drm_device parameter
@ 2020-07-06 10:51 Suraj Upadhyay
From: Suraj Upadhyay @ 2020-07-06 10:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alexander.deucher, christian.koenig, airlied, daniel
  Cc: linux-kernel, dri-devel, amd-gfx

Hii Maintainers,
	I recently came across this list of janatorial tasks
for starters on DRM subsystem [1]. One of the tasks is replacing
conventional dmesg macros (like dev_info(), dev_warn() and dev_err())
with DRM dmesg macros [2]. And I need your input whether the
conversions to DRM dmesg macros are worth it or not.
I would like to start working on this task if this needs the change.

Thank you,
Suraj Upadhyay.

[1] https://dri.freedesktop.org/docs/drm/gpu/todo.html.
[2] https://dri.freedesktop.org/docs/drm/gpu/todo.html#convert-logging-to-drm-functions-with-drm-device-paramater

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: [Proposal] drm: amd: Convert logging to drm_* functions with drm_device parameter
@ 2020-07-07  5:50 ` Daniel Vetter
From: Daniel Vetter @ 2020-07-07  5:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Suraj Upadhyay
  Cc: alexander.deucher, christian.koenig, airlied, daniel,
	linux-kernel, dri-devel, amd-gfx

On Mon, Jul 06, 2020 at 04:21:38PM +0530, Suraj Upadhyay wrote:
> Hii Maintainers,
> 	I recently came across this list of janatorial tasks
> for starters on DRM subsystem [1]. One of the tasks is replacing
> conventional dmesg macros (like dev_info(), dev_warn() and dev_err())
> with DRM dmesg macros [2]. And I need your input whether the
> conversions to DRM dmesg macros are worth it or not.
> I would like to start working on this task if this needs the change.

For any core code I'm happy to merge such patches. If you're changing a
specific driver (all the subdirectories under drivers/gpu/drm/*) then
please ping the specific driver maintainer first. They should be all
listed in the MAINTAINERS file.

Cheers, Daniel

--
Daniel Vetter