On Mon, Jul 06, 2020 at 09:08:57PM -0700, Dan Williams wrote: > On Mon, Jul 6, 2020 at 12:16 PM Mark Brown wrote: > > This, especially the bit about "revelation of 2020", sounds a little > > off to me - I think it's that it's worryingly close to the frequently > > derided pattern where people recognise a problem that other people have > > been talking about for a while and treat it as something new. Perhaps a > > more neutrally worded reference to current events and/or our desire to > > improve instead? > I'd just as soon let this commentary live in the archives if people > need some more background. It's not like we have companion essays on > the other recommendations in coding-style, and we seem to be > converging on just amending coding-style. That's even better from my point of view.