On Mon 2020-07-13 01:18:41, Marek Behun wrote: > On Mon, 13 Jul 2020 01:15:44 +0200 > Marek Behun wrote: > > > On Mon, 13 Jul 2020 00:38:21 +0200 > > Ondřej Jirman wrote: > > > > > So after trying to use this, this seems to disallow the use of multiple HW > > > triggers per LED. That's fine by me, because using one HW sysfs configured > > > trigger per LED that use case is my proposal, but is it desireable in general? > > > > Why? If you register one LED and several triggers, all sharing the same > > trigger_type pointer, I think it should work. > > > > Marek > > The problem arises when I have two LEDs and two HW triggers, and the > hardware allows setting one HW trigger on both LEDs and other HW > trigger only on one LED. But this could simply be ignored - the > set_trigger function could simply return -ENOTSUPP or something. In this case you should have two trigger_type pointers (since two LEDs are different), and yes, you'll have duplication for one of the triggers. I don't think thats a problem. Best regards, Pavel -- (english) http://www.livejournal.com/~pavelmachek (cesky, pictures) http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~pavel/picture/horses/blog.html