Hi! > > At first, I thought that the proposed system call is capable of > > reading *multiple* small files using a single system call - which > > would help increase HDD/SSD queue utilization and increase IOPS (I/O > > operations per second) - but that isn't the case and the proposed > > system call can read just a single file. > > If you want to do this for multple files, use io_ring, that's what it > was designed for. I think Jens was going to be adding support for the > open/read/close pattern to it as well, after some other more pressing > features/fixes were finished. What about... just using io_uring for single file, too? I'm pretty sure it can be wrapped in a library that is simple to use, avoiding need for new syscall. Pavel -- (english) http://www.livejournal.com/~pavelmachek (cesky, pictures) http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~pavel/picture/horses/blog.html