On Wed, Jul 15, 2020 at 01:45:51PM +0200, Frieder Schrempf wrote: > On 15.07.20 13:36, Mark Brown wrote: > > Hey, I proposed other solutions you didn't want to implement! > Right, but you have to admit that the other solutions turned out to be > rather out of scope for someone like me who merely wants to use the spidev > driver. > But I don't blame you. I'm now having a better idea of how things are (or > aren't) supposed to look like. So thanks for your patience! I'm not sure platforms like this are a great fit for DT TBH - the trouble with DT is that it turns things into ABIs regardless of if it's really a finished thing, platform data based systems were a lot more flexible here.