On Tue, Nov 24, 2020 at 12:48:05PM +0100, Arnd Bergmann wrote: > On Tue, Nov 24, 2020 at 11:32 AM Uwe Kleine-König > wrote: > > > > Most amba drivers return 0 in their remove callback. Together with the > > driver core ignoring the return value anyhow, it doesn't make sense to > > return a value here. > > > > So add a warning to the only driver that could return an error code and > > change the remove prototype to return void, which makes it explicit that > > returning an error value doesn't work as expected. This simplifies changing > > the core remove callback to return void, too. > > > > Signed-off-by: Uwe Kleine-König > > Makes sense, I checked that the vfio driver cannot actually return an error > either, the 'if (vdev)' check seems to be done out of unnecessary caution, > as the probe would never have succeeded if that was NULL. Yes I thought this possible, but didn't tried to wrap my head around the logic there. IMHO this warrants a cleanup, will address this in v2. Thanks for your feedback, Uwe -- Pengutronix e.K. | Uwe Kleine-König | Industrial Linux Solutions | https://www.pengutronix.de/ |