On Tue, Dec 01, 2020 at 09:59:43AM +0100, H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote: > > Am 30.11.2020 um 21:13 schrieb Sven Van Asbroeck : > > We knew that there was a chance that our fix would break something else. > > But hopefully "it fixes more than it breaks" > Then it should not have been applied to mainline but fully worked out > and tested. If you want to see better testing of things in mainline please contribute to the various kernel testing efforts that are out there, there's a huge range of systems out there using the kernel and it's simply not realistic to expect that they'll all be covered, the testing effort for the kernel is very much a community effort. If there are things that are particularly important to you the best way to ensure that they are tested is to provide that testing yourself.