From: Leon Romanovsky <leon@kernel.org>
To: Greg KH <gregkh@linuxfoundation.org>
Cc: Geert Uytterhoeven <geert@linux-m68k.org>,
	Vlastimil Babka <vbabka@suse.cz>,
	LKML <linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org>,
	"ksummit-discuss@lists.linuxfoundation.org"
	<ksummit-discuss@lists.linuxfoundation.org>
Subject: Re: [Ksummit-discuss] crediting bug reports and fixes folded into original patch
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2020 21:04:54 +0200	[thread overview]

On Thu, Dec 03, 2020 at 07:30:44PM +0100, Greg KH wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 03, 2020 at 12:40:47PM +0200, Leon Romanovsky wrote:

> > > And "Earlier-Review-Comments-Provided-by:"?
> > >
> > > How far do we want to go?
> >
> > I don't want to overload existing meaning of "Reported-by:" and "Link:",
> > so anything else is fine by me.
> >
> > I imagine that all those who puts their own Reviewed-by, Signed-off-by
> > and Tested-by in the same patch will be happy to use something like you
> > are proposing - "Co-developed-Signed-Reviewed-Tested-by:" tag.
>
> We already have "Co-developerd-by:" as a valid tag, no need to merge
> more into this :)

It was joke, but the reality is even more exciting.

See commit 71cc849b7093 ("KVM: x86: Fix split-irqchip vs interrupt injection window request")
for the need of "Reported-Analyzed-Reviewed-Tested-by:" tag.

And endless amount of commits with "Reviewed-Signed-by:" from maintainers that gives wrong
impression that other maintainers merge code without reviewing it.

Thanks