Hi Linus, On Mon, 14 Dec 2020 13:05:51 -0800 Linus Torvalds wrote: > > On Mon, Dec 14, 2020 at 12:49 PM Linus Torvalds > wrote: > > > > I suspect the fix is trivial (change the "," to "|"), but I will not > > be pulling this - or anything else that hasn't been in linux-next - > > from you this merge window. > > It looks like Stephen Rothwell saw it in next yesterday, and fixed it > up there in his merge. > > So somebody was aware of the problem. But unlike Stephen, I don't take > broken code and just silently fix it up in the merge. > > I suspect Stephen might have thought it was a merge conflict fix, > rather than just a broken branch. > > Stephen: that makes linux-next test coverage kind of pointless, if you > just fix bugs in the branches you merge. You should reject things more > aggressively, rather than make them "pass" in Linux-next. I also reported it last Friday (https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/20201211155031.0e35abf2@canb.auug.org.au/) and so assumed it would be fixed before being sent to you ... I sometimes fix simple things up but mostly reject them - clearly that would not have made a difference here. -- Cheers, Stephen Rothwell