Hi! > > > > How close are you to having useful phone calls? > > > > > > You can do phone calls (with audio) and you can use mobile data, if you > > > have the patches for that. :) I'm trying to find time to finish up the > > > drivers needed for that, but I've been a bit short on time lately. > > > > > Most of the functionality is packaged in postmarketOS [1] and you can > > > find a list of the devices in the postmarketOS wiki [2]. Especially > > > the ones in the "community" category are quite similar in terms of > > > working functionality. > > > > I know about postmarketOS (I even contributed a bit some time ago), > > and watch it from time to time. Currently I'm using old Nokia 6151 for > > phone calls, but would not mind switching. Work is ongoing in Droid 4 > > land -- phone calls are also "almost there". But the almost seems to > > be a lot of work :-(. > > > > It's fairly simple on Qualcomm SoCs once audio DSP and modem are working > (which is not that simple). I basically just tell the audio DSP to > stream voice call audio to the audio ports and then it does that without > involving the kernel. > > It seems to work quite well, so far no one complained about quality or > something like that. Not sure if anyone is actively using it already > though :) Ok, thanks for info :-). > The work left is mainly making the driver more generic so it can work on > other Qualcomm SoCs as well (right now I have some things hardcoded). > Also, I still haven't fully figured out what is the best way to > integrate it into ASoC/UCM/..., so that it can be easily activated when > starting a voice call. On droid 4, we use mixer settings to configure audio system for a call. Maemo Leste has some kind of component to automatically adjust mixers when call is started. We use ofonod. Best regards, Pavel -- http://www.livejournal.com/~pavelmachek