* linux-next: manual merge of the drivers-x86 tree with the drm-misc tree
@ 2021-02-04  4:58 Stephen Rothwell
       [not found] ` <CAHp75Vct=jSQxu187hwz4Wrc_xRKiTmKFt_bgT-m-z=iW31drg@mail.gmail.com>
From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2021-02-04  4:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hans de Goede, Mark Gross, Daniel Vetter, Intel Graphics, DRI
	Linux Next Mailing List, Patrik Jakobsson, Thomas Zimmermann

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the drivers-x86 tree got a conflict in:

  drivers/gpu/drm/gma500/Kconfig
  drivers/gpu/drm/gma500/mdfld_device.c
  drivers/gpu/drm/gma500/mdfld_dsi_output.c
  drivers/gpu/drm/gma500/mdfld_output.c
  drivers/gpu/drm/gma500/tc35876x-dsi-lvds.c

between commits:

  b51035c200bd ("drm/gma500: Remove Medfield support")
  837f23bb4b60 ("drm/gma500: Drop DRM_GMA3600 config option")

from the drm-misc tree and commit:

  bfc838f8598e ("drm/gma500: Convert to use new SCU IPC API")
  25ded39ad064 ("drm/gma500: Get rid of duplicate NULL checks")

from the drivers-x86 tree.

I fixed it up (the former removed the text that was updated by the
latter and removed the last 4 files) and can carry the fix as
necessary. This is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any
non trivial conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer
when your tree is submitted for merging.  You may also want to consider
cooperating with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any
particularly complex conflicts.

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell

* Re: linux-next: manual merge of the drivers-x86 tree with the drm-misc tree
       [not found] ` <CAHp75Vct=jSQxu187hwz4Wrc_xRKiTmKFt_bgT-m-z=iW31drg@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2021-02-05 11:06   ` Andy Shevchenko
From: Andy Shevchenko @ 2021-02-05 11:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Rothwell
  Cc: Hans de Goede, Mark Gross, Daniel Vetter, Intel Graphics, DRI,
	Andy Shevchenko, Linux Kernel Mailing List,
	Linux Next Mailing List, Patrik Jakobsson, Thomas Zimmermann

On Thu, Feb 4, 2021 at 11:04 AM Andy Shevchenko
<andy.shevchenko@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Today's linux-next merge of the drivers-x86 tree got a conflict in:
>
> Thanks. I already asked Patrik yesterday day if DRM missed to pull an immutable tag I provided. I think they can pull and resolve conflicts themselves. Alternatively it would be easy to resolve by Linus by removing Kconfig lines along with mentioned files,

Patrik, I have sent a PR again, so you may consider pulling it, thanks!

--
With Best Regards,
Andy Shevchenko

* Re: linux-next: manual merge of the drivers-x86 tree with the drm-misc tree
@ 2021-02-05 11:14     ` Patrik Jakobsson
From: Patrik Jakobsson @ 2021-02-05 11:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andy Shevchenko
  Cc: Stephen Rothwell, Hans de Goede, Mark Gross, Daniel Vetter,
	Intel Graphics, DRI, Andy Shevchenko, Linux Kernel Mailing List,
	Linux Next Mailing List, Thomas Zimmermann

On Fri, Feb 5, 2021 at 12:07 PM Andy Shevchenko
<andy.shevchenko@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 4, 2021 at 11:04 AM Andy Shevchenko
> <andy.shevchenko@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Today's linux-next merge of the drivers-x86 tree got a conflict in:
> >
> > Thanks. I already asked Patrik yesterday day if DRM missed to pull an immutable tag I provided. I think they can pull and resolve conflicts themselves. Alternatively it would be easy to resolve by Linus by removing Kconfig lines along with mentioned files,
>
> Patrik, I have sent a PR again, so you may consider pulling it, thanks!

Daniel, is this something you can pull into drm or ask one of the
drm-misc maintainers to do?

* Re: linux-next: manual merge of the drivers-x86 tree with the drm-misc tree
@ 2021-02-05 13:05       ` Daniel Vetter
From: Daniel Vetter @ 2021-02-05 13:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Patrik Jakobsson
  Cc: Andy Shevchenko, Stephen Rothwell, Hans de Goede, Mark Gross,
	Intel Graphics, DRI, Andy Shevchenko, Linux Kernel Mailing List,
	Linux Next Mailing List, Thomas Zimmermann

On Fri, Feb 5, 2021 at 12:14 PM Patrik Jakobsson
<patrik.r.jakobsson@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 5, 2021 at 12:07 PM Andy Shevchenko
> <andy.shevchenko@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Thanks. I already asked Patrik yesterday day if DRM missed to pull an immutable tag I provided. I think they can pull and resolve conflicts themselves. Alternatively it would be easy to resolve by Linus by removing Kconfig lines along with mentioned files,
> >
> > Patrik, I have sent a PR again, so you may consider pulling it, thanks!
>
> Daniel, is this something you can pull into drm or ask one of the
> drm-misc maintainers to do?

We've already created the conflict, and my understanding is that Linus
wants to have visibility into conflict-y stuff and doesn't mind at all
resolving conflicts. Hence for 5.12 I think we're fine as-is.

Thanks, Daniel
--
Daniel Vetter
Software Engineer, Intel Corporation

* Re: linux-next: manual merge of the drivers-x86 tree with the drm-misc tree
@ 2021-02-05 14:01         ` Andy Shevchenko
From: Andy Shevchenko @ 2021-02-05 14:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Vetter
  Cc: Patrik Jakobsson, Stephen Rothwell, Hans de Goede, Mark Gross,

On Fri, Feb 5, 2021 at 3:05 PM Daniel Vetter <daniel.vetter@ffwll.ch> wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 5, 2021 at 12:14 PM Patrik Jakobsson
> <patrik.r.jakobsson@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Fri, Feb 5, 2021 at 12:07 PM Andy Shevchenko
> > <andy.shevchenko@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Patrik, I have sent a PR again, so you may consider pulling it, thanks!
> >
> > Daniel, is this something you can pull into drm or ask one of the
> > drm-misc maintainers to do?
>
> We've already created the conflict, and my understanding is that Linus
> wants to have visibility into conflict-y stuff and doesn't mind at all
> resolving conflicts. Hence for 5.12 I think we're fine as-is.

Fine with me!

--
With Best Regards,
Andy Shevchenko

@ 2021-02-14 22:39 ` Stephen Rothwell
From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2021-02-14 22:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hans de Goede, Mark Gross, Daniel Vetter, Intel Graphics, DRI,
	Rafael J. Wysocki
  Cc: Andy Shevchenko, Linux Kernel Mailing List,
	Linux Next Mailing List, Patrik Jakobsson, Thomas Zimmermann