Hi! > On Sun, Feb 14, 2021 at 12:31 PM Pavel Machek wrote: > > > > 92bf22614b21 is my rc7, and it is parent of the commit I want you to > > apply. > > Oh, right you are. I looked at your leds-cleanup-for-pavel branch for > some reason, which was much older. > > Anyway, it does the remote lookup with git ls-remote, and doesn't find > any matching ref for that 92bf22614 commit you gave it as a base, so > that's why it complains. You _could_ fix that by just pushing all the > tags you have locally to your remote too. > > Have you changed your behavior wrt git request-pull lately? Because > that whole model you use is broken. This was really one-off and I found the git messages quite confusing. > > The "end" commit shouldn't be my tag (and it shouldn't be a SHA1). It > should be *your* branch name. > > So what you *should* have used is something like > > git request-pull master > git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/pavel/linux-leds.git/ > for-rc8-5.11 > > (assuming "master" is the upstream branch - which would be my > v5.11-rc7) without any odd SHA games or anything like that. Yes, pushing master should work. I tried to fall back to SHAs as I find them less confusing. Best regards, Pavel -- http://www.livejournal.com/~pavelmachek