On Mon, Feb 22, 2021 at 01:07:32PM +0000, Daniel Scally wrote: > Some places in the kernel allow users to map resources to a device > using device name (for example, in the struct gpiod_lookup_table). > Currently this involves waiting for the I2C client to have been registered > so we can use dev_name(&client->dev). We want to add a function to allow > users to refer to an I2C device by name before it has been instantiated, > so create a macro for the format that's accessible outside the I2C layer > and use it in i2c_dev_set_name(). > > Suggested-by: Andy Shevchenko > Reviewed-by: Laurent Pinchart > Reviewed-by: Sakari Ailus > Reviewed-by: Andy Shevchenko > Signed-off-by: Daniel Scally Acked-by: Wolfram Sang # for changing I2C core