Hi! > Maybe you explain the idea behind choosing only from that namespace? My > guess would be high-level software being able to toggle leds totally > indep of the device it runs on. Such software would have to do some > really nasty directory listing, name parsing, dealing with multiple > hits. Does such generic software already exist, maybe that would help > me understand my "mapping problems" ? It does not, but we want to have one... or at least not have current situation. > The current class encodes, color, function and name into "name". > > Maybe i am all wrong and should go for > > {1 << 14, "simatic-ipc-error:red:" LED_FUNCTION_STATUS } > {1 << 15, "simatic-ipc-run-stop:green:" LED_FUNCTION_STATUS} > {... , "simatic-ipc-hdd0:red:" LED_FUNCTION_DISK } > {... , "simatic-ipc-hdd1:red:" LED_FUNCTION_DISK } Can you explain in plain english what the leds should do? We don't want to have simatic-ipc- prefix there. tpacpi was really bad example. Best regards, Pavel -- http://www.livejournal.com/~pavelmachek