On Fri, Apr 16, 2021 at 11:47:01AM -0500, Pierre-Louis Bossart wrote: > On 4/16/21 11:31 AM, Mark Brown wrote: > > Not really written down that I can think of. I think the next steps > > that I can think of right now are unfortunately bigger and harder ones, > > mainly working out a way to represent digital configuration as a graph > > that can be attached to/run in parallel with DAPM other people might > > have some better ideas though. Sorry, I appreciate that this isn't > > super helpful :/ > I see a need for this in our future SoundWire/SDCA work. So far I was > planning to model the entities as 'widgets' and lets DAPM propagate > activation information for power management, however there are also bits of > information in 'Clusters' (number of channels and spatial relationships) > that could change dynamically and would be interesting to propagate across > entities, so that when we get a stream of data on the bus we know what it > is. Yes, I was thinking along similar lines last time I looked at it - I was using the term digital domains. You'd need some impedence matching objects for things like SRCs, and the ability to flag which configuration matters within a domain (eg, a lot of things will covert to the maximum supported bit width for internal operation so bit width only matters on external interfaces) but I think for a first pass we can get away with forcing everything other than what DPCM has as front ends into static configurations.