Hi! Please trim the emails you are responding to. > >+MODULE_AUTHOR("Enzo Matsumiya "); > >+MODULE_DESCRIPTION("LED block trigger"); > >+MODULE_LICENSE("GPL v2"); > >+ > > > As already commented on, this for_each_blk() construct is not a good idea. > Infact, I guess it would be better if you could invert the logic: > Not having the block trigger enumerating all devices, but rather let the > devices register with the block trigger. > That would have the benefit that one could choose which block device should > be handled by the LED trigger subsystem, _and_ you would avoid the need for > a for_each_blk() construct. > Thing is, I don't think that all block devices should be handled by the LED > trigger; eg for things like 'loop' or 'ramdisk' it is very > >questionable. > Downside is that you would need to modify the drivers, but realistically > there are only very few drivers which should be modified; I would go for > nvme-pci and the sd driver for starters. Maybe floppy, but arguably that can > omitted as one has a very good audio indicator for floppy accesses > :-) And we already have disk activity trigger. Maybe NVMe and SD needs to be modified to use it? Best regards, Pavel -- http://www.livejournal.com/~pavelmachek