From: Richard Guy Briggs <rgb@tricolour.ca>
To: Metztli Information Technology <jose.r.r@metztli.com>
Cc: Kees Cook <keescook@chromium.org>, Pavel Machek <pavel@ucw.cz>,
	linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org, Kangjie Lu <kjlu@umn.edu>,
	tech-board@lists.linux-foundation.org,
	Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Subject: Re: Report on University of Minnesota Breach-of-Trust Incident
Date: Tue, 11 May 2021 11:39:53 -0400	[thread overview]

On 2021-05-06 14:02, Metztli Information Technology wrote:
> On Thu, 2021-05-06 at 11:40 -0700, Kees Cook wrote:
> > On Thu, May 06, 2021 at 10:26:16AM +0200, Pavel Machek wrote:
> This has aged well:
>
> "Linux has a problem, which is that with success it is attracting
> people with more skill than what it started with, and it is not doing a
> very good job of handling that. In fact, it downright stinks at it,
> behaving in the worst way it could choose for handling that. [Linux]
> have lost quite a number of FS developers who just don't want to deal
> with people who know less than they do but are obnoxious and
> disrespectful to submissions because they enjoy powertripping...
> *[Linux] should develop a culture in which acceptance is more based on
> whose code measurably performs well [,i.e, meritocracy, rather] than on
> who is friends with whom.*~
>
> < https://lkml.org/lkml/2006/7/21/109 >

This sounds very Objectivist to me.  It doesn't appear you read the rest
of the thread.  The very first reply to that thread resonates:

	https://lkml.org/lkml/2006/7/21/135

This is one of the reasons I gravitated to Linux just over 29 years ago
after a couple of years of exprience in other open source communities.

> Best Professional Regards.
> Jose R R

	slainte mhath, RGB

--
Richard Guy Briggs               --  ~\    -- ~\             <hpv.tricolour.ca>
<www.TriColour.ca>                 --  \___   o \@      @        Ride yer bike!