Hi! > > You say that for this controller it would be bad to do in SW, because it > > would take too much time in BIOS calls. (I wonder how much...) > > Yeah, it would be interesting to know how much. However, measuring BIOS > latency and time spent on such calls can be tricky: one needs to use a > high-res clock that it is not used anywhere else, in order to measure > it. I'm sure you can time kernel compilation while LEDs are using software netdev trigger, for example. Pavel -- http://www.livejournal.com/~pavelmachek