From: Jon Lin <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Cc: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com,
firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org,
Subject: [PATCH v9 00/10] Add Rockchip SFC(serial flash controller) support
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2021 15:16:52 +0800 [thread overview]
Message-ID: <email@example.com> (raw)
Changes in v9:
- Seperate FDT binding docs and includes from rk3036 sfc_hclk patch
- Seperate DMA IRQ setting and wait_completion from DMA fifo transfer
function to make dma_status_poll be possible(Which I will implement
- Add SFC Kconfig detail comment
Changes in v8:
- Fix indent 4 to 2 in yaml
Changes in v7:
- Fix up the sclk_sfc parent error in rk3036
- Unify to "rockchip,sfc" compatible id because all the feature update
will have a new IP version, so the driver is used for the SFC IP in
- Change to use node "sfc" to name the SFC pinctrl group
- Add subnode reg property check
- Add rockchip_sfc_adjust_op_size to workaround in CMD + DUMMY case
- Limit max_iosize to 32KB
Changes in v6:
- Add support in device trees for rv1126(Declared in series 5 but not
- Change to use "clk_sfc" "hclk_sfc" as clock lable, since it does not
affect interpretation and has been widely used
- Support sfc tx_dual, tx_quad(Declared in series 5 but not submitted)
- Simplify the code, such as remove "rockchip_sfc_register_all"(Declared
in series 5 but not submitted)
- Support SFC ver4 ver5(Declared in series 5 but not submitted)
- Add author Chris Morgan and Jon Lin to spi-rockchip-sfc.c
- Change to use devm_spi_alloc_master and spi_unregister_master
Changes in v5:
- Add support in device trees for rv1126
- Support sfc tx_dual, tx_quad
- Simplify the code, such as remove "rockchip_sfc_register_all"
- Support SFC ver4 ver5
Changes in v4:
- Changing patch back to an "RFC". An engineer from Rockchip
reached out to me to let me know they are working on this patch for
upstream, I am submitting this v4 for the community to see however
I expect Jon Lin (firstname.lastname@example.org) will submit new patches
soon and these are the ones we should pursue for mainlining. Jon's
patch series should include support for more hardware than this
- Clean up documentation more and ensure it is correct per
- Add support in device trees for rk3036, rk3308, and rv1108.
- Add ahb clock (hclk_sfc) support for rk3036.
- Change rockchip_sfc_wait_fifo_ready() to use a switch statement.
- Change IRQ code to only mark IRQ as handled if it handles the
specific IRQ (DMA transfer finish) it is supposed to handle.
Changes in v3:
- Changed the name of the clocks to sfc/ahb (from clk-sfc/clk-hsfc).
- Changed the compatible string from rockchip,sfc to
rockchip,rk3036-sfc. A quick glance at the datasheets suggests this
driver should work for the PX30, RK180x, RK3036, RK312x, RK3308 and
RV1108 SoCs, and possibly more. However, I am currently only able
to test this on a PX30 (an RK3326). The technical reference manuals
appear to list the same registers for each device.
- Corrected devicetree documentation for formatting and to note these
- Replaced the maintainer with Heiko Stuebner and myself, as we will
take ownership of this going forward.
- Noted that the device (per the reference manual) supports 4 CS, but
I am only able to test a single CS (CS 0).
- Reordered patches to comply with upstream rules.
Changes in v2:
- Reimplemented driver using spi-mem subsystem.
- Removed power management code as I couldn't get it working properly.
- Added device tree bindings for Odroid Go Advance.
Changes in v1:
hanges made in this new series versus the v8 of the old series:
- Added function to read spi-rx-bus-width from device tree, in the
event that the SPI chip supports 4x mode but only has 2 pins
wired (such as the Odroid Go Advance).
- Changed device tree documentation from txt to yaml format.
- Made "reset" message a dev_dbg from a dev_info.
- Changed read and write fifo functions to remove redundant checks.
- Changed the write and read from relaxed to non-relaxed when
starting the DMA transfer or reading the DMA IRQ.
- Changed from dma_coerce_mask_and_coherent to just
- Changed name of get_if_type to rockchip_sfc_get_if_type.
Chris Morgan (8):
dt-bindings: rockchip-sfc: Bindings for Rockchip serial flash
spi: rockchip-sfc: add rockchip serial flash controller
arm64: dts: rockchip: Add SFC to PX30
clk: rockchip: add dt-binding for hclk_sfc on rk3036
arm: dts: rockchip: Add SFC to RK3036
arm: dts: rockchip: Add SFC to RV1108
arm64: dts: rockchip: Add SFC to RK3308
arm64: dts: rockchip: Enable SFC for Odroid Go Advance
Jon Lin (2):
clk: rockchip: rk3036: fix up the sclk_sfc parent error
clk: rockchip: Add support for hclk_sfc on rk3036
.../devicetree/bindings/spi/rockchip-sfc.yaml | 88 +++
arch/arm/boot/dts/rk3036.dtsi | 42 ++
arch/arm/boot/dts/rv1108.dtsi | 37 +
arch/arm64/boot/dts/rockchip/px30.dtsi | 38 +
arch/arm64/boot/dts/rockchip/rk3308.dtsi | 37 +
.../boot/dts/rockchip/rk3326-odroid-go2.dts | 16 +
drivers/clk/rockchip/clk-rk3036.c | 5 +-
drivers/spi/Kconfig | 12 +
drivers/spi/Makefile | 1 +
drivers/spi/spi-rockchip-sfc.c | 682 ++++++++++++++++++
include/dt-bindings/clock/rk3036-cru.h | 1 +
11 files changed, 957 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)
create mode 100644 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/spi/rockchip-sfc.yaml
create mode 100644 drivers/spi/spi-rockchip-sfc.c
next reply other threads:[~2021-06-25 7:17 UTC|newest]
Thread overview: 12+ messages / expand[flat|nested] mbox.gz Atom feed top
2021-06-25 7:16 Jon Lin [this message]
2021-06-25 7:16 ` [PATCH v9 01/10] dt-bindings: rockchip-sfc: Bindings for Rockchip serial flash controller Jon Lin
2021-06-25 7:16 ` [PATCH v9 02/10] spi: rockchip-sfc: add rockchip " Jon Lin
2021-06-25 7:48 ` Michael Walle
2021-06-25 7:16 ` [PATCH v9 03/10] arm64: dts: rockchip: Add SFC to PX30 Jon Lin
2021-06-25 7:16 ` [PATCH v9 04/10] clk: rockchip: rk3036: fix up the sclk_sfc parent error Jon Lin
2021-06-25 7:17 ` [PATCH v9 05/10] clk: rockchip: add dt-binding for hclk_sfc on rk3036 Jon Lin
2021-06-25 7:17 ` [PATCH v9 06/10] clk: rockchip: Add support " Jon Lin
2021-06-25 7:17 ` [PATCH v9 07/10] arm: dts: rockchip: Add SFC to RK3036 Jon Lin
2021-06-25 7:17 ` [PATCH v9 08/10] arm: dts: rockchip: Add SFC to RV1108 Jon Lin
2021-06-25 7:17 ` [PATCH v9 09/10] arm64: dts: rockchip: Add SFC to RK3308 Jon Lin
2021-06-25 7:19 ` [PATCH v9 10/10] arm64: dts: rockchip: Enable SFC for Odroid Go Advance Jon Lin
You may reply publicly to this message via plain-text email
using any one of the following methods:
* Save the following mbox file, import it into your mail client,
and reply-to-all from there: mbox
Avoid top-posting and favor interleaved quoting:
* Reply using the --to, --cc, and --in-reply-to
switches of git-send-email(1):
git send-email \
* If your mail client supports setting the In-Reply-To header
via mailto: links, try the mailto: link
Be sure your reply has a Subject: header at the top and a blank line
before the message body.
This is a public inbox, see mirroring instructions
for how to clone and mirror all data and code used for this inbox;
as well as URLs for NNTP newsgroup(s).