On Mon, Jul 12, 2021 at 04:01:05PM +0300, Andy Shevchenko wrote: > The software nodes shouldn't appear on its own in the generic code. > When we use software nodes API in it, it means that we have tried > other providers _explicitly_ and haven't found what we are looking for > and hence we have to check if software nodes are providing the same. > For example, here it's done that way: > https://elixir.bootlin.com/linux/v5.14-rc1/source/kernel/irq/irqdomain.c#L178. > In all other cases it shouldn't be called explicitly. But why? I'm not seeing the advantage over providing platform data based on DMI quirks here, it seems like a bunch of work for no reason.