On Thu, Aug 05, 2021 at 08:58:58AM -0400, Peter Geis wrote: > On Thu, Aug 5, 2021 at 8:47 AM Mark Brown wrote: > > One thing to watch out for with this approach is if there's things that > > really need a specific voltage to be set then you'll have to stop those > > things happening if you've got a voltage regulator that can't deliver a > > voltage in the required range. I don't know if this affects MMC or not, > > if it's just a case of being less efficient it's not such an issue. > Yeah, but if this is a fixed regulator and it's a problem, then the > hardware is screwed anyways. Well, the fact that the voltage is being changed at runtime indicates that we're changing something from whatever was in the fixed setup - it can sometimes be that we don't have access to some higher performance or lower power features for example. That's not ideal but works perfectly safely.