Hi! > > > When registering mdiobus children, if we get an -EPROBE_DEFER, we shouldn't > > > ignore it and continue registering the rest of the mdiobus children. This > > > would permanently prevent the deferring child mdiobus from working instead > > > of reattempting it in the future. So, if a child mdiobus needs to be > > > reattempted in the future, defer the entire mdio-mux initialization. > > > > > > This fixes the issue where PHYs sitting under the mdio-mux aren't > > > initialized correctly if the PHY's interrupt controller is not yet ready > > > when the mdio-mux is being probed. Additional context in the link > > > below. > > > > I don't believe this is quite right. AFAICT it leaks memory in the > > EPROBE_DEFER case. Could someone double-check? Suggested fix is below. > > devm_ APIs would take care of releasing the resource (memory) > automatically because the probe didn't succeed. So I'm not sure > there's a leak. Does that make sense? Yes, it does, I believe you are right. This part of code confused me: We are going to return error there, yet we do explicit tree, which should not be neccessary according to this logic. dev_err(dev, "Error: No acceptable child buses found\n"); devm_kfree(dev, pb); Best regards, Pavel -- DENX Software Engineering GmbH, Managing Director: Wolfgang Denk HRB 165235 Munich, Office: Kirchenstr.5, D-82194 Groebenzell, Germany