On Mon, Sep 13, 2021 at 04:38:29PM -0700, Raghavendra Rao Ananta wrote: > I was looking into this though and could only find some utilities such > as tools/iio/, tools/spi/, and so on, which seem to create a symbolic > link to the header present in the kernel (rather than copying). Is > this what you were referring to? TBH I'm not exactly aware of how it works, just that it does work - the main case I was thinking of was the uapi headers, mainly when used in kselftest. Those look like they're actual copies rather than symlinks so I guess it's a different mechanism to what's used by the other tools you found.