On Tue, Sep 14, 2021 at 03:22:56PM +0200, Uwe Kleine-König wrote: > On Thu, Aug 05, 2021 at 05:26:16PM -0700, Stephen Boyd wrote: > > This proves why this topic is always contentious. It's too easy to > > blindly convert drivers to get the clk and leave it enabled forever and > > then they never use power management. The janitors win and nobody else. > If the janitors win and nobody else looses anything, this is fine for > me. And if in the future someone turns up who cares enough to improve > the converted drivers to a more efficient clock usage, they will > probably not stop their efforts just because then the driver uses > devm_clk_get_enabled. The patterns that concern me are people either blindly converting to devm without checking for other usage and causing problems as a result (some of the janitorial stuff is done very mechanically) or thinking it's important to keep devm_ used (or not thinking through the interaction) and trying to do that while doing something more active.