Hi! > From: Eric Biggers > > [ Upstream commit 7f595d6a6cdc336834552069a2e0a4f6d4756ddf ] > > fscrypt currently requires a 512-bit master key when AES-256-XTS is > used, since AES-256-XTS keys are 512-bit and fscrypt requires that the > master key be at least as long any key that will be derived from it. Quoting Eric Biggers I don't expect any problem with backporting this, but I don't see how this follows the stable kernel rules (Documentation/process/stable-kernel-rules.rst). I don't see what distinguishes this patch from ones that don't get picked up by AUTOSEL; it seems pretty arbitrary to me. - Eric And I agree, this should not be in stable. Best regards, Pavel -- http://www.livejournal.com/~pavelmachek