Hi Nick, On Fri, 27 May 2022 15:38:56 +0000 "Hawkins, Nick" wrote: > > > Today's linux-next merge of the arm-soc tree got a conflict in: > > > > drivers/clocksource/Makefile > > > > between commit: > > > > c92e7ef16400 ("clocksource/drivers: Add a goldfish-timer clocksource") > > > > from Linus' tree and commit: > > > > 5184f4bf151b ("clocksource/drivers/timer-gxp: Add HPE GXP Timer") > > > > from the arm-soc tree. > > > > I fixed it up (see below) and can carry the fix as necessary. This > > is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial > > conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your > > tree is submitted for merging. You may also want to consider > > cooperating with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise > > any particularly complex conflicts. > > Hi Stephen, > > Thank you for resolving the merge issue. I am relatively new to this > process.. Can you provide a link to where you were notified of the > merge conflict? The purpose of linux-next (which is my project) is integration testing, so I spend all day merging the branches that Linus will merge during the merge window. The conflict appeared when I merged the arm-soc tree yesterday. -- Cheers, Stephen Rothwell